I used thebump.com's handy little tool to make a website about the pregnancy, and eventually the babe and our family, but I didn't really know what I was doing. Long story short I plan to use more than the allotted 6 bonus pages, and hope to do this for a while, so alas... here I am :) You can check out that blog to get yourself up to date if you wish: http://babygrabe.ourbabychannel.com/
This morning i was par-oozing Pinterest.com (if you're not already on there PLEASE do yourself a favor and check it out!!) and came across a blog about how to dress yourself in the 2nd trimester without spending a lot... genius!
I've already learned a thing or two about what the necessities *really* are and what to avoid when you're in those awkward first stages of pregnancy, as well as how to emphasize the positive and wear outfits that slenderize without breaking the bank. If I'm feeling brave I'll even take some photos of myself modeling the outfits I've put together recently.
One thing I've learned is you should really only wear ONE article of loose clothing per outfit. If you have a loose top on, layer it with form fitting tanks underneath, leggings or skinny jeans. If you're wearing a loose maxi skirt, wear tight tanks and camisoles with skinny sleeves, and so on. Those adorable dolman shirts that are in aren't super flattering if your midsection is growing... show off your skinny arms! If you wear too much baggy you're actually going to make yourself look BIGGER, the opposite effect you were shooting for I'll bet. I don't feel like my belly is cute enough to be just wearing form fitting tops right now (I have a "muffin top" more than I do a bump) so I'm always trying to mask it. I'm hoping as this little one continues to grow it will smooth out all those lumps and for the first time in my life I will LOVE my belly!
Here's a photo of my outfit I wore to the gym this morning :) Shirt is from a Pea in the Pod, I hope it doesn't wear out too fast so I can wear it even when I'm not preggers. Turquoise work out top from lululemon, white cami from Motherhood Maternity (write that down in your list of necessities... it just makes you FEEL good--$20) and yoga pants are older than the hills from Express. I rolled the waistband up because again, it just feels good :) I would wear this exact combination with maybe a dark colored cami (the ones from Express are great), leggings and boots, with a scarf for a day of shopping.Alright, I'm off to buy a pair of designer maternity jeans from a gal off of craigslist :) Have a safe and Happy New Year's everyone!
Welcome to blogspot! :D
ReplyDelete