... weight that is.
I was so excited to lose over 50% of what I'd gained within the first two weeks, but now at just over 3 weeks postpartum the losing has slowed down for sure. The girl who tries hard to be flexible and easy going says "give it time Sarah-- you just had a BABY and it's only been 3 weeks for goodness sake." Then there's that super competitive type A person who conquers my thoughts most of the time saying "It's been 3 weeks; you haven't lost that yet? You have HOW MUCH to lose to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight?" ~sigh~
I've been fortunate that my weight hasn't really fluctuated that much in my lifetime. My pre-pregnancy weight was just 1 or 2 lbs away from my high school graduation weight. Sure I've weighed much less (typically during a break-up) and I've also weighed a little more (post-marital bliss), so this is really the first time such a large number is staring me in the face. The good news is I've started using My Fitness Pal and have "friends" from my online pregnancy community to help keep me accountable. I also started running last week and will absolutely continue building on my runs and workouts. I also have a loving husband who tells me I look great-- even when I wear the same fricking "fat jeans" every time we go somewhere ;)
And little Jonah...? He's amazing. Thankfully I'm over my bout of baby blues and beginning to enjoy his daily changes rather than cry and worry about how quickly he's going to grow up. We conquered some pretty big feats while learning how to breastfeed (if you ever need advice on that PLEASE ask. I'm not going to bore you with the details but you can't have enough help and support, that's for sure). Sleeping is going pretty well too! He likes to stay up a little later, so that's a little challenging now that Dustin is back to work and it's my job to stay up with him, but we're getting to bed around 11pm, waking up just once during the night between 2-4am to eat and then back to sleep again :) We have a good baby for sure. And so. stinking. cute.
SO my mom is coming to visit today and I have a few things I need to do before she comes... I promise to post photos of Mr. Jonah soon. We won't talk about the 2000+ photos I somehow deleted from my Mac this morning :-/ xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment