Sunday, June 30, 2013

i love summer

It's a gorgeous Sunday in Iowa :) Our friends Matt and Anita stopped by on their way back to Colorado- gosh I hope to live there someday! In the mean time we're hoping to visit. We will find out this week when.... Dustin starts his new job!.... and we learn more about his vacation schedule. I'm SO SO excited he's finally found something to be excited about. It isn't perfect as he will have a 65 mile commute... but the pay is good and the job sounds promising.

This means Jonah will start daycare- at a facility- for the first time ever. I see tears in my near future...! After the adjustment phase I know it will benefit him. I am so thankful to have had 1:1 care for him for an entire year! I miss you Felicia!!! Our little man is toddling all over the place now. He prefers to walk over crawl, unless he's really in a hurry ;) He's been a little crabbier than usual and at the same time we're trying to nix the bottle- which isn't fun. I think he may be teething and upon receiving great motherly advice from a friend we picked up some teething tablets this morning. Just in time- as he's either cutting teeth or getting sick today :-/  Even the pool couldn't cheer him up today.  A dose of Tylenol, teething tablets, an attempt at a popsicle and a nap with water we caved and gave him a bottle of milk.  And he's finally sleeping peacefully in what appears to be a fever-free state so I'm happy we did. Meanwhile I am enjoying some great sunshine and blogging with you all while he naps.

I finished Ferrell's a few weeks ago and lost 4 lbs and 3" from my waist- not to mention the faster mile and improvements in all other categories. Yay me!  I think my metabolism is revved up so I'm trying to keep it up.... a 5k this month (eek!) with "team grabe" girls I haven't brought myself to get the before and after pics just yet, but I am ready for what's next. I signed up to run a 5k in July (the color run!) and am super pumped for that- especially after an amazing run with Dustin's stepmom today.  4 fricking miles!  Can I get a hell ya? :)

oops- the baby's up I gotta run! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment