Tuesday, July 16, 2013

PCOS

This is why I hated Mother Nature a few weeks ago- a new diagnosis brought a mix of emotions and really just caught me off guard. How on earth I made it through years of infertility treatments without anyone taking a gander at my ovaries to see the cysts that were permanently formed is beyond me. It makes perfect sense now why those expensive ovulation kits never worked for me- and why we needed help conceiving our little Jonah Bean. That side of the sword isn't all bad- it breaks it down to a science, right? Explained fertility seems a little more cut and dry than "unexplained fertility", which is what my chart said before.

I'm happy to say I've got just FIVE pounds to lose until I'm back to my pre-Jonah weight. I fit into my size 6's again, and I ran a 5k this past weekend! 



I'm going to be 36 in just under a month, and I think it's about time I move past this war I've been having with myself. I read an amazing article the other day: "When Your Mother Says She's Fat". What a powerful message. I'm so thankful for my healthy, beautiful body. I am blessed beyond belief. This body has ran 26.2 miles, carried and birthed a 8lb 5oz baby, fed that baby for nearly 10 months, danced at half time of the Orange Bowl (yes that is still my claim to fame), climbed mountains, the list goes on and on...I'm going to figure out this PCOS and be the healthiest version of me that I can be :)



No comments:

Post a Comment