For some reason the button hole trick doesn't work so well with black dress pants. Partly because of the way they're designed (some just have those little clip things) and mostly due to the way they fit. For whatever reason they were the first items I grew out of in my closet with all the bloating my first trimester brought.
I had purchased a pair of Old Navy trouser pants on the Thanksgiving shopping spree with my mom-- on sale for $20 I believe. They fit great, but the fabric is so crappy it picks up any white fuzz within a 20 foot radius. Nothing like looking like a slob. Rather than obsessively lint rolling myself I opted to invest into my work attire. You're only as successful as you feel, right?
This leads us to my important work meeting... where a sweater dress and boots didn't quite cut it for the level of formality needed. GAP Maternity is lacking in so many ways (alas, I'm not much of a GAP girl anyway) but they make a great dress pant. Yes I paid the entire $60 for the stupid things, but the confidence boost they continue to provide was worth every. single. penny.
--on a side note they are a "demi-panel", which I previously bashed in my maternity jeans posting. However, since the black pants are lighter weight they don't seem to slide south as easily, and with paired with one of the can't-live-without camisoles you can find almost anywhere they are more than comfortable.
SO another "do as I say not as I do" moment... save yourself the hassle and cash and go for the gold if your career requires it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment