Monday, May 28, 2012

sprint to the finish!

Well folks we're officially 37 w 2 d~!  That means baby is full term and labor is considered normal and welcome at any time (do you hear that Baby?!)  I was surprised to find out my cervix is already dilated some at our appointment on Friday.  That is awesome.  I've had friends who never dilated past 1 even when being induced and ended up with a c-section, so it's great to learn my body is revving up. I credit Baby Grabe who has been punching me where it counts on a daily basis lately =p  We also learned we won't go past our due date because of the gestational diabetes, so we know Baby will be here sometime in the next 19 days.  It seems so surreal.


Our bags are packed, the car seat is in the car, our ceilings are vacuumed... I think we're about as ready as we can be.  


I thought I'd post some of our maternity photos... some are a bit too racy for Facebook ;)  We had some studio shots taken at Jill Christine Photography when we were home for Easter, and my cousin Jenni took some amazing shots right before we left for Boca.  


Although I was excited to show off my naked belly for the studio shots, they really don't hold a candle to Jenni's work as you can see for yourself.



 I had a dream a while back that our baby was born on June 1st... which is this coming Friday.  I'm not going to hold my breath but I sure will be walking, bouncing on my exercise ball and doing other fun activities known to start labor :-D xx






No comments:

Post a Comment