Sunday, May 6, 2012

are we there yet?

Holy 34 weeks~!  I'm sitting in my hotel room in Tuscon on my last trip for business before baby, kind of relishing in my alone time.  I spent the miserable 3.5 hour plane ride organizing my life via "notes" on my ipad: what to pack in my hospital bag, Dustin's bag, baby's bag...things we need to get done around the house before baby. Meanwhile Baby was kicking my diaphragm AND punching my bladder all at the same time :D

Last weekend we had a swanky little co-ed shower in Minneapolis and received so many more great gifts. Although I'm sort of a slug in the evenings anymore (I haven't been to the gym since Boca) I find energy to do the weirdest things. Yesterday I had a grand 'ol time cleaning out the cupboards in the bathroom in addition to washing all of Baby's clothes and putting them in their place, while burning a baby powder scented candle in the nursery. I may have even done a few puppet shows for the dogs with the tiny little outfits :~D  I'm sure they think I'm nuts.

This week will bring some fun starting with some Mommy and Me time tomorrow night!  Since we're so close, Mom is driving over from Phoenix after I'm done working tomorrow. She hasn't seen me since Thanksgiving and I've changed a lot since then :)  It will be a nice little treat just in time for Mother's Day.
what better way to celebrate an early Mother's Day than with Mexican food and Pedicures?! :)

Dustin and I have our final Lamaze class on Wednesday-- that six weeks has certainly flown by!  I remember people saying how much they enjoyed those classes and not understanding why... now I can say I would highly recommend them to any expectant couple.  We've learned so much about labor, each other, and what to expect from Baby. Dustin says the more he learns the more nervous he gets, but I'm pretty sure he's enjoying himself too. 

Only six more weeks to grow~!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment