| I love this photo. Felicia sent me this one while I was in NJ... what more could a working mama ask for. |
In the past few weeks he's discovered his hands. Which is even more adorable than him sucking on his toes believe it or not. He'll be playing with something then suddenly realize his hand is in front of him and look at it as if he just had his nails done. Fricking adorable.

He had his 6 month appointment on Friday and remains on track as a long and lean little boy... 25th percentile for weight and 75-85th for height. And 100% perfect I might add. He's also started babbling more than I remember ever hearing a baby babble. "Babababa" and "cacacaca" have taken on a whole new level of importance in our house. And his laughs. Oh my gosh he laughs SO hard. It's like the heavens have opened up and love and life have been poured into my soul.
I finally found the courage and determination to decorate for Christmas. A special shout out to my mother in law who cannot get enough of Mr. Man, and watched him for the entire day on Friday while I cleaned my house like a crazed woman with a meth addiction. I nested. I embraced Christmas like I've never embraced Christmas before. I had so many fond memories while cleaning and decorating I missed my mom like mad. It was glorious!
Tonight while putting Jonah to bed- who was a tad crabby and possibly teething and/or getting his first little cold- I had my first dose of "Christmas magic". I know it sounds a little nuts, but I really felt something that I have never in my life experienced. All the lights were out and he was trying to settle down, and the tiny little Christmas tree in his room was lit up. I felt centered and so very grateful. We have so very much to be thankful for this year. God is so good.

No comments:
Post a Comment