I sure am thankful Jonah is too little to understand this whole Santa Claus thing. In my youth my parents didn't want to take away from the real meaning of Christmas, so I never believed. "Santa" would fill our stockings in the night, but we always knew who was behind that. This leaves me with no idea how any of this works! Does Santa wrap the presents? Does he get the big gifts or the smaller ones? Do the kids compare notes on which gifts Santa brought?
Needless to say we did not have Jonah's picture taken with Santa this year- although I'll admit I woke up on Christmas Eve in a bit of a panic, feeling like a bad Mom for not taking him. Unfortunately I also woke up with a sore throat and body aches, so we didn't even make it to candlelight service last night :( Poor Jonah got his first snotty nose for his first Christmas. Despite sounding like a COPD'er this morning I am feeling a bit better, so Santa best get a move on before the man in my life gets out of bed ;)
Merry Christmas to all! xx

No comments:
Post a Comment