Friday, January 18, 2013

iowa

Well we're here! I'm not sure which way is up in this sea of boxes, but we've officially arrived. I'm not going to lie it was extremely painful saying goodbye to the neighbors. Dylan broke my heart into a million little pieces and I kept apologizing to Felicia for moving.  

On the other hand you couldn't wipe the smile off my face if you tried as Jonah and I rolled into CR! :) Within just hours of my arrival we had our first house guests- Dustin's cousin and his wife stopped by with beer and take out. I'm looking forward to his step mom coming to watch Jonah today while we continue unpacking, and also a visit from my best friend Kristin. Saturday I'm invited to join a group of girls at the gym I used to go to for a Zumba class. I feel at home already and I haven't even been here for 24 hours~!

Jonah is definitely aware of his new surroundings and chose the move as the perfect time to develop separation anxiety. He woke up at 1am and was essentially unconsolable. After struggling for an hour or so we brought him into bed with us, where he cried unless he had a boob in his mouth. I'm really to wean now.

He is morphing into a little boy right before our eyes; I can't keep up with all the changes! His two bottom teeth are so cute and I think he may be working on more because we've had a few sleepless nights lately. He notices EVERYTHING. I've never had a baby before but I swear he is more observant than he should be at his age. He has a favorite TV show! The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :) Whenever the "hot dog" song comes on his face lights up and he stays glued to the television. He can sit up on his own from laying down. He's getting the bye-bye wave down pretty well. He's added to his vocabulary and is saying "mamamama"; it won't be long before he's talking! He's not crawling yet but can really scoot all over the place.

We just got Jonah's photos back from his 6 month shoot. I wish I would've had some of them for Christmas cards! They're sooooooo great. I think I'm going to do something with them for Valentine's Day at least ;) I'm so addicted to photography and it doesn't help that I'm also obsessed with the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment