Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Life isn't fair

... is what my mom used to say. My brother and I just hated to hear that, although now I realize what a valuable lesson that really was. I can't help but wonder sometimes why life isn't a bit easier- today was one of those days. My dad had an appointment today- a routine check up following his partial glossectomy a few years back. They found spots on his vocal cords this time and he'll be back under the knife in a few weeks to have them biopsied. The procedure itself is of the outpatient sort, and they could find nothing at all. At least I live close-by again to be able to be with him before and after surgery since he is alone otherwise. I sure wish he didn't smoke among other things which are also hard on his throat. I cannot begin to express the heartache it causes me to think of my dad being anything but the invincible man I knew as a little girl. God please give me strength. xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this must be. I hope everything is okay with your dad and it's so great that you did move back closer to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you & your family.... <3

    ReplyDelete