![]() |
| Such a happy boy in the morning :) |
I'm really not sure how Dustin and I survived the past month without killing ourselves or each other. Honestly. I don't think I stopped to realize what we were doing at the time, but in the past month we've moved our household to a different state all while I was traveling and completely out of pocket for 3 weeks. Add two sick puppies to the mix (Chopper even had a barium swallow last week) and I'm lucky my husband hasn't packed his bags and left! One day I got a text from him that both Chopper and Jonah had puked on him already :/ He truly is a saint. Naturally I feel like the worst mom on the face of the earth for being gone SO much, but knowing this move was the best thing for our family will makes all the agony worth while. And it's OVER! I'm DONE traveling!!! Can I get a Hallelujah!!!
| Eight months already!?! |
Yesterday was monumental in that I disinfected my pump to hand off to Dustin's sister when she's here next month. I'm DONE. Done. Done. Done. On a flight out of Jackson, Mississippi last week I was harassed by a complete idiot of a TSA agent. The conversation went something like this:
Him: "I just don't understand why you have milk if you don't have your baby"
Me: "Um...." (seriously?) "If I had my baby I wouldn't have any milk"
Him: "I just don't understand why you have milk- where is the baby?"
Me: "Well, you see, when you breastfeed you continue to make milk even when you're not with your baby" (do I need to spell it out for him?!)
Him: "Well I guess I don't know why you wouldn't just throw it out"
Me: "Throw it out?! THROW IT OUT?!? This is like liquid gold! You don't throw it out!"
I'm already embarrassed going through security at the airport- I have to set my milk out for all to see, then follow the security officer carrying my black bag and milk in hand while s/he test the inside of the bag. Then they place the containers of milk on a magical machine which lets them know it's not explosives or something. I guess it's just having perfect strangers around me see my bodily fluids that makes me feel vulnerable-- add a moron questioning my motives to the mix and the tears flowed freely. Not in front of the said moron unfortunately.
![]() |
| Me and Jonah- reunited once again at the Cedar Rapids airport this time. |
More good news: I finally was able to get my butt out of bed and start working out in the morning this past week! I'm SO happy about that. It's such a great feeling to have that out of the way first thing rather than have it interrupt your evening. Now that I'm done with travel I have a little weekly workout schedule figured out- including a Friday night Zumba class with the Grabe girls :D I'm pretty sure my scale is broken- the damn thing has been reading the same weight since my birthday- but I tried on some of my summer clothes and things are starting to fit again so hey- I'll take what I can get ;) xx


No comments:
Post a Comment