Saturday, February 16, 2013

saturdays

gosh how i love saturdays. today the dogs are even feeling lazy- chopper didn't wake up and want breakfast at 5am like usual and the baby slept until 7!

Last night we went over to Dustin's cousins and played an awesome game and had a few cocktails. I said to him this morning: "last night is exactly the reason I wanted to come back... now are you happy we did?" and he is :) Friends and family folks, that's what life is all about.

Speaking of family- as two well deserving girls out east prepare for their little bundles of joy I know yet another mama patiently waiting for her turn to have a belly to rub. She opened up to me about it during a long phone conversation we had a few weeks ago. I wonder why God lets us wait...? I wish I had the answers. Some times I feel like even though I have been through a tiny bit of infertility I really don't have the right words to say. I do feel like God gave us Jonah right when we were ready for him, and that our life wouldn't be as perfect as it is right now if he had come when we were ready and waiting. I wish my sixth sense was believable...(okay please don't think I'm crazy but I swear I have a touch of ESP) I have no doubt she will have a baby of her own someday- I've had dreams! All I can do is pray for her to have peace and to embrace all the things she can do now before her world is flipped upside down for all the right reasons :)

I had a dream my sister in law was having a girl on the day she had her sex revealing ultrasound. I'm now on the other end of a couple knowing what they're having and not sharing... I want so badly to buy gender specific clothes! It is such a special time though and I totally get why they're keeping it a secret- it's the only time you have that baby all to yourselves. It's also nice to get the stuff you really need at your shower vs. a bunch of pink or blue that your guests just couldn't pass up buying. 

I finally got the invitations sent out for their shower, and due to the creative bug that bit me and caused me to doll them all up with with burlap they cost $2 each to mail! HA. It dawned on me the other day this is the first little party I've actually ever thrown for someone, so why not go all out. I'm so so so excited and hoping everything goes without a hitch. Since I'm hosting it solo I'm trying to recruit little helper bees- cousin Ashley is the queen of music... cousin Andrea is great for having "been there done that" so she has some game ideas... Aunt Karen makes cakes... Aunt Shanne is super creative and crafty so she's helping watch out for decorations... Aunt Jan is making blueberry muffins :) I started a new Pinterest board to come up with cute snack-y ideas. T minus 6 weeks!

We're also counting down until Puerto Rico~!!! A month from today we'll be enjoying some sunshine and family fun. My dad gave Jonah some Christmas money when he was here- and he also has a Target gift card from Grandma burning a hole in his pocket- all of which is going to outfit the little guy for our big trip :) So far we've gotten a few swimsuits, sunglasses, boat shoes and sandals, and my favorite purchase: a little baby fedora...! I just love Old Navy! I'll come back and post some pics; I'm having technical difficulties in that department at the moment.

Little man pulled himself to standing for the first time yesterday- Daddy told me when I got home. He is saying "mamamamamama" when he's upset- which was a lot this week unfortunately :( He had a little cold which caused for some serious sleeping issues. For the first time I actually brought my pillow and blanket into the nursery and slept on the floor while he watched his favorite movie- "Despicable Me"- on the ipad and played on the floor around me. 

Lack of sleep couldn't stop us from celebrating Valentine's the next day with dinner (at 4:30pm... HA!) and a family field trip to The NewBo City Market for cupcakes! Dustin got me a dozen roses, my favorite candy, and a sweet sweet card. Jonah surprised me by getting me a card too... I was so touched that Dustin thought to do that :))
my two handsome valentines :)

There's actually half of a French Toast cupcake calling my name right now... xx


Yes it does.
I think there's a new face every week!

Add caption

Naptime with mommy... except mommy stared at the sleeping baby rather than sleeping herself :)

Dinnertime out is becoming more of an adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment