Friday, February 8, 2013

follow up friday

Well we survived Dad's surgery!  They just took a look around his throat and removed the little thing they saw on his vocal cords. Dad came Tuesday night and proceeded to drink 11 beers (he actually left one in the 12 pack!) to try to calm his nerves. I was so proud of him as he donned his nicotine patch and smoked his electric cigarette in attempt to kick the habit for good. It really sucked seeing him so nervous before surgery- I don't think he slept a wink. Wednesday after surgery he was sore and popping hydrocodone every 1.5 hours. He didn't sleep at all that I saw, and when I woke up with Jonah at 0500 he had left for home already. He left the sweetest little note, but it still hurt to see him gone without actually saying goodbye. I spent all day yesterday with a knot in my stomach; I can't even put into words how I felt. A call from a friend put some of the hurt behind me, and today I'm determined to focus on my happy little life :) xx




No comments:

Post a Comment