Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pop goes the Grabe~!

I believe I have officially "popped", at 25 weeks and 4 days.  Suddenly I can't get enough of my form fitting tops :)  I'm so enamored with my belly I don't even notice my big 'ol badonkadonk anymore! Even better news was our ultrasound report from last week.  Baby is up to 1 lb 11 oz which is right where s/he should be.  Additionally the fetal echocardiogram looked great so we've been discharged from the Perinatologist and follow up growth scans will be done with my OB visits...!!!  YAY BABY :)  Here's an amazing 3D picture of our little munchkin but don't go being a poop and think you know the sex just by looking at it. 
I'm excited to share my #1 favorite purchase of all time from Bellies to Babies.  I had never been at this particular consignment store and must say it was slim pickings compared to Nine.  One upside is B2B does buy your gently used maternity and baby clothing on the spot rather than on consignment, so I'm thinking that may come in handy in the future.


SO in my ongoing hunt to find cute maternity clothing (that may just be an oxymoron) for Florida I tried on the few summer items in the store.  I have this obsession with white pants and love the look of linen, so when I found these smock waist white linen pants I was super stoked.  When I tried them on my excitement continued to build--they were a perfect fit.  The ultimate climax came when I checked out and paid a whopping $6 for my gorgeous new white pants that retail at $85. THANK YOU whoever got rid of these~!! Little Miss Frugal (moi) walked out of that store proud as punch.


Now for the dirty confession.  Back in November, when I was so excited to be pregnant and scared to buy anything for baby just yet I purchased a maternity robe.  Insert buyers remorse here. It's not completely awful, but it's just plain 'ol black knit... and the only thing maternity about it is the tie is a bit longer than normal. I should've returned it, but I didn't.  Even though it works just fine and I'll be able to use it all the time as it's not *really* maternity I would've felt much better had I either A. purchased something similar for half the price at somewhere like Target or B. spent the $45 stinking dollars on something truly adorable from Victoria's Secret.  Live and learn I guess.  On the bright side it's black, so it will be nice to throw over my hospital gown hiding any "spills", and I'll be able to wear it forever.


So there's a peak and a pit of my maternity clothes shopping experiences to date. Happy shopping~!



No comments:

Post a Comment