Saturday, April 14, 2012

Third TRY-MUSTER

Yeesh.  31 weeks today and I am feeling every hour of that lately :(  I've renamed the third trimester to the third "try-muster" as I try to muster my way through with a smile.  I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes earlier this week; which was quite the jagged little pill to swallow I must say.  What that means for now is watching my diet-- essentially rearranging my carb intake so I have less in the morning and more towards the end of the day.  I'm also checking my blood sugars 4x's a day and recording them.  If I can't control the diabetes with diet alone I'll need to start taking insulin.


Even though I know there's nothing I could've done to prevent this (especially with my strong family history of diabetes) I can't help but feel so ashamed.  I guess I was looking for a reason to kick my sugar habit so what better way, huh? Thankfully once Baby is born this issue will go away; my dumb little pancreas just can't keep up with all the demands the pregnancy adds.  I keep reminding myself of my feelings a short time ago-- I would've given anything to be feeling every ache and pain that pregnancy brings.  I am still so grateful for this little life growing inside of me it really will be worth it in the end <3


OK enough of the pity party.  On the bright side I had my first baby shower last weekend on Good Friday!  It was so lovely to see everyone. Dustin's mom and sister traveled from the east coast, Grandma Shipman and Aunt Shanne from Springfield, MO, and a bunch of girls from the Grabe side and others I used to hang with back in the day :)  We received SO MANY nice gifts... the nursery is really starting to come together.  




Tomorrow I leave for my National Training Meeting in Boca Raton, and Dustin will join me on Wednesday for a little Babymoon getaway :D  I'm so looking forward to some R & R with my baby daddy.  We have a convertible rented for the week so any drive will be an adventure.  So far it looks like the highs will be in the 80's every day we're there... YAY SUNSHINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment