Saturday, July 21, 2012

baby noises

Jonah is seven weeks old today, and I'm feeling much better about the passing time than I was less than a week ago. Thank the Lord! This week is my last full week with him at home, and I will be ready to go back to work on August 1st. I'm a little nervous about getting both of us ready in the morning and pumping while I'm out and about, etc, but I'm sure just like everything else it will all work out just fine. 


The changes I've witnessed in the past week are amazing!  Suddenly he has a little voice. His cries are the same with an added sound; it's hard to explain but none the less amazing. His "coos" are more often and more animated, especially when he talks to his stuffed friends in his crib. He is definitely smiling on purpose. Earning the right to one of his big gummy grins has to be one of life's greatest pleasures.

Our first family trip to Chicago at 5 weeks.
He loves music, in fact he requires it. He will tolerate actually swinging in his swing on occasion, but always the music. He sleeps with a radio in his room, and if he's getting fussy in the car I just crank up the radio and he quiets down.


On the way home from Chicago... sick of the carseat perhaps?
I'm also s-l-o-w-l-y shedding my "she just had a baby" look. I'm learning the pounds don't necessarily fall off if you breastfeed like everyone claims; your body typically hangs on to anywhere from 10-20 lbs until you wean. That's a little disheartening but knowing that I'm doing the absolute best thing for my baby makes the sacrifice worth it.  I broke down and purchased a pair of jean capris this week in the size that I need which is the best money I've spent in a long time!  I love my Lulu but a girl can only live in yoga pants for so long ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment