Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Awe~!!!

It's really hard to understand what people mean when they try to explain parenthood... "it's a love you've never experienced before" or "it's the hardest job you'll ever love."  If I could describe my feelings in one word it would be awe.  I'm in awe of my body.  I'm in awe of my maker.  I'm in awe of my husband.  And I'm absolutely in awe of our sweet little Jonah.


As always, the amazing photography is compliments of Jenni O Photography
www.jenniophotography.com
We've all seen a newborn baby before.  They're so cute with their little toes and little noses... but seeing your OWN baby is like seeing a three eyed purple alien~!  Dustin and I would just (and still do) STARE at him in complete awe.  It is an absolute miracle.  It's a little "us"!


One thing that especially amazes me are all the little movements and noises that he makes.  When he stretches he makes tiny little baby stretching noises.  When he eats he moves his little foot around.  His little baby coughs are adorable.  When he sticks out his bottom lip tears spring to my eyes. And then there are the smiles-- oh the smiles!  Sometimes he'll be eating and he'll stop and kind of giggle... like he just remembered something so funny~!!! :)


One of my co-workers asked me after the first two weeks at home if we're starting to notice his little personality yet. So far "feisty" sums it up.  He makes a lot of little grunting noises when he's waking up-- like he really means business.  Sometimes when he's super hungry he shakes his head and makes grunting noises as he latches on-- like he's saying "what the heck took you so long, Mom!"


We can't figure out who he looks like though.  Uncle Todd says he looks a lot like baby Dustin.  He for sure has Dustin's legs and feet.  I think he has my nose.  I'm excited to see what color his eyes turn out to be.

And all the talk about getting no sleep and being so miserable...?  Well first of all I mentioned before I think Jonah is just a really good baby.  Secondly, when I'm up in the middle of the night- maybe just a little cranky from lack of sleep- the minute I smell his baby smell and see his perfect little self I melt. It is the hardest job I've ever loved! And I'm so in love with this little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment