Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Time flies

when you're so in love. I absolutely cannot believe it's my last day of maternity leave. It's a very very strange feeling; I'm having to constantly remind myself Jonah is still my baby and I will still be living with him...! We decided to get up after the 0600 feeding today to get used to waking up early again. Exactly 24 hours from now I'll be walking him over to neighbor Felicia's house and heading to work. The thought is very daunting. Having said that I've accomplished more this week (it's early Tuesday morning) than I did my entire maternity leave~!! It's obvious I work well under pressure and I'm just as much excited as I am terrified for this transition.


Thank God for a helpful neighbor. I don't know how I would be handling this if I was dropping the little man off at a facility with a room full of strangers. The Gobernatz family came over for pizza last night and the two little boys (ages 8 and 9) are so excited to spend the last part of summer vacation with Jonah.  Little Dylan even drew him a picture :) As they walked back to their home last night I asked Mason and Dylan if they would make sure Jonah got lots of hugs and kisses while I was at work and they assured me he would. I know he'll be in great hands.


And how is our adorable little man doing? He continues to grow and grow. I put him in a 3 month sleeper he hadn't worn yet and he's already too long for it! I think he's going to be tall. He hasn't been to the pediatrician for a month or more, and at that time was in the 85% for height. We go again Friday so I'm eager to know his stats. 


Jonah is such an alert little guy. He's not much for napping in the afternoon. He's really strong... and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mother! Even on day 2 in the hospital he could hold his head up a little bit, and now he enjoys standing (with one of us steadying him of course). The look of concentration as he tries to balance his head and his body at the same time is priceless-- most of the time he sticks his little tongue out :-p He loves to stare at whatever art work is behind us as he stands whether it be on the painting behind the love seat in the living room or the canvas of him in his nursery.



It's been such a hot and dry summer--half of the country is experiencing a severe drought in fact-- so we've been pretty limited on our activities outside the house. This past weekend it was finally nice enough to spend some time outside other than quick walks with the dogs around our neighborhood, so the three of us headed to Lake Calhoun for a little stroll! It was a bit too close to Jonah's dinner time by the time we got there, so we made it short and sweet but still very much enjoyable. I know for a fact both Jonah and I are going stir crazy cooped up in the house, as I've noticed in the late afternoon when he starts to get fussy if I take him outside on the deck he is silent and completely content. Hopefully he is a little outside bug like his mama! :) I'm excited to have a little buddy for bike rides and swimming pools.


this is an old photo from Valentine's day
(2008 maybe?) and he would shoot me if
he saw it... but he won't and it's one of my favorites ;)
Well, tomorrow is not only my first day back at work but also Dustin's 32nd birthday...! Jonah and I have a lot on our list of things to do today to get ready. I'd better get in the kitchen and start making his sprinkle cupcakes. Please say a prayer for me tomorrow... did I mention my first day back is a 10 hour meeting with my team, my boss and his boss? Ahhhh why not dive right in, right? Here's to hoping my face and my chest stay dry all day. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment