Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho....

...it's back to work I go.  I'm happy to say I made it through my first day without completely washing away my eyeliner.  Jonah and I had an amazing last day together getting ready for Dustin's birthday.  We went shopping for his present, got balloons and baked cupcakes and made it look like we'd been eating bon bons all day by the time Dustin got home. Jonah was full of smiles; I swear he knew I needed them to keep my spirits high.


This was taken after his 2 month shots... he weighs
11 lbs 13 ounces already and is over 23 inches tall :)
Dropping him off Wednesday morning was the strangest feeling. I've never been good at goodbyes but my heart has never wrenched quite like it did that day. I was actually thankful my first day was a work meeting with my peers rather than with customers, and my boss (single male with no children) couldn't have been any more considerate. It was nice to be surrounded by friendly faces. The whole pumping deal went without a hitch and I came out ahead by 4 whole ounces! I came home feeling much more balanced and whole, and missing my baby so much I nearly ate him. I feel completely energized at work-- my career has taken on a whole new meaning.


After working Wednesday and Thursday Jonah and I took Friday off to
enjoy the great weather.  I love a 3 day weekend with my boys!

"tummy time for all 3" while I was working :)
Not that it's been easy-- I've been back a week now and it still feels like a limb is missing as I begin my days without him.  Felicia has been awesome though, sending me lots of photos and text messages throughout the day.  I'm also so thankful for the flexibility my job provides-- last night Jonah was especially hungry, so after feeding him at 12, 2, 4, and 6 a.m. I rearranged my schedule and spent the morning snuggling with my baby :) There truly is no better feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment