Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11


I remember my Grandfather referring to Pearl Harbor Day by its date: December 7th. It always seemed a little funny to me that he knew the exact day; I just didn't understand. That is until September 11th happened. This year I thought about what I would one day tell Jonah about this date in history; how everyone knows exactly where they were on that fateful day and the feelings around it. How there were lines to get gas, and lines to give blood... 

There's SO much I have to teach him. Having a baby really does change a person. For me it's not a complete 360; I still like my "me" time (happy hour!) and a lot of the time it still feels surreal that I am a mom and he is my baby.

It's the subtle changes, like my new found interest in politics and history. Or how I don't have any desire to get on my motorcycle anymore. There's just too much at stake.


More then ever before I realize every day is truly a gift... it's important not to sweat the small stuff and waste any of the precious time we have together. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment