Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Tummy time is still a source of frustration...
Wow, I now know exactly what it means when people say this time goes by so quickly.  August was a complete blur and here we are at the end of the summer already. Yesterday our little Jonah was three months old. THREE MONTHS!  He changes so quickly we don't always notice it. I was talking to my mom who heard him coo in the background... she said "oh my, that's new!" and I was like "um, no he's been doing that for a while..." That prompted me to go back and look at the youtube videos I posted and oh. my. goodness. how much he's changed! Just this weekend Jonah gave us the "sad lip" and made a little whimper.  Dustin said "oh great now you have a whine to go with the lip?!"  It's little things like that that change everyday. We're onto size 2 diapers and it won't be too much longer before he's in his 3-6 month outfits. And he likes his toys now! I was about ready to return his little play gym but now he loves it. He "yells" and squeals at the octopus that hangs from the middle, and his little arms and legs flail all over the place.

Dustin and I decided I would go on that 3 night work trip to Chicago at the end of the month. I'm excited and nervous about that. Jonah is a great baby but he definitely likes his mama. Not just anyone can stick a boob in his mouth to calm him down ;) A few days after making our decision it dawned on me I would get to sleep through the night during my time there! Yessssssssss!

GGma holding Gage, Madelyn, and Jonah
Jonah had his first trip to Iowa to visit his new cousin Gage, meet Papa Shaffer, his great grandma Anona, and have a baby shower hosted by his GREAT aunt Lila ;) My cousin Heidi was there from Kansas City with her 6 month old Mazzie, so our grandma got to hold her 3 newest great grandbabies at the same time! My mom even made the trip up from Phoneix to meet baby Gage and see our little Jonah again.

On August 26th Jonah was baptized at Calvary Lutheran Church in Golden Valley, MN. Again we were blessed by SO MANY family members making the journey to be with us on his special day. Jonah saw Gpa Jim, Gma Leslee and Aunt Megan again, met GGma Shipman, Uncle Wade and Aunt Shanne for the first time, and got to see Uncle Nick and family for the second weekend in a row! He was a champ during the baptism, not crying, puking or pooping ;) He also got me all excited by sleeping through the night two nights in a row after his baptism. I was convinced that he must be at peace or something but that was short lived. We still get up twice every night to eat. Someday...

To end the summer Jonah and I traveled to NW Iowa for Gage's baptism all. by. ourselves. We're really going to miss Uncle Nick and family from here on out after seeing them three weekends in a row! We came back north and spent the rest of the weekend with Daddy; going to the MN State Fair and out for brunch with Uncle Todd and Brad. No wonder August went by so quickly! I vow to take it easy and enjoy the beautiful fall weather here at home from here on out. 

Sorry for the long post... I had so much updating to do! I'm not ready for the long holiday weekend to be over just yet... I see a "staycation" day in my very near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment