A co-worker of mine had invited our little family to join his family in the fabulous VRBO home they had rented right on the North Shore of Lake Superior. We did a lot of hiking during the day at a few of the state parks nearby, and also enjoyed a camp fire under the brightest display of stars I've seen in a very long time.
| can you see what's on my left ring finger....? MY WEDDING RINGS! They fit again!! :) |
Jonah continues to make leaps and bounds in his development. He not only giggles but laughs-- really hard sometimes. It's absolutely the best sound in the world. He can also arch his back and lift up his little butt-- that comes in handy during diaper changes. Just this morning Dustin saw him roll over from his back to his stomach while trying to get comfortable in his crib! His first feeding moved to about 3am, which means more uninterrupted sleep for me...YIPPIE! He's typically up for the day around 5:30-6. I like my new smiley alarm clock ;)
What I find so interesting is Jonah's fascination with technology... already! If he's fussy in the car, we just play "Despicable Me" on the iPad and he's mesmerized. We're planning to get a childproofing case soon so we can download all sorts of apps to keep him busy learning while protecting the device from baby bumps and drools. I'm excited for all the silly cartoons and movies we'll get to watch with him.
I've advertised my blog a bit more lately which has produced a few more followers. Curious as to what they might read, I went back in time re-reading several of my posts, both from this blog and the original. It reminded me of our struggles to get pregnant and just how emotionally exhausting that time was. A woman close to me is going through infertility treatments right now, and I really feel as if my experience has helped her feel hopeful about hers. She's one of the most beautiful women I know, she totally needs to reproduce... fill this world with good people!! One more week and we'll know if IUI #2 worked or not... please pray for her. It also reminded me just how blessed we are to have Jonah, to be able to breastfeed him (something that is really a struggle for many other moms), and to not have to worry about all those things that were a concern during our 20 week ultrasound. God is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment