Monday, March 11, 2013

holy vacation batman


Nothing beats the sound of waves crashing in.  We were able to enjoy the instant relaxation that provides up north on Lake Superior last fall, and now again in Puerto Rico this time. Let the relaxation begin.


It was a long day!
but Jonah is all smiles still :)

It didn't take us long to find our favorite spot to sit


Jonah never ceases to amaze me. We were in flight for nearly 6 hours today and only once did he get a little fussy and it was because I accidently woke him up trying to get circulation to my hand. He’s just a happy little ham! At least 3 different people stopped to tell us what a good baby he is. I take that as us being good parents too :)

I’m trying not to think about Dustin’s flight home with him alone a week from now (followed by a week of being home with him alone while I’m at my work meeting here) and hope we can really unwind and enjoy ourselves. I pointed out to Dustin this vacation is nothing short of amazing for me- I’ve been gone and working so much to be able to enjoy my boys for 7 solid days is paradise!!! I’m excited to work on Jonah using a sippy cup- that whole situation has proved to be difficult and I haven’t had the time to work with him on it. I’m willing to bet he’s saying “dada” by the end of the week as he’s said it in passing a couple of times. One word he thinks is funny is “hat”. Dustin said one day he was playing with his baseball hat so he put it on Jonah and said “hat” and Jonah cracked up! Today while we were waiting for the rental car I said “where’s my hat?” and he grabbed the bill :D He’s so stinking smart.

He went in for his first “real” haircut on Saturday and was perfect. We went to Sport Clips so they had TV’s everywhere which helped avert his attention. I also had to wake him up from a nap when we arrived which I was afraid would end in disaster, but it actually helped the situation as he just laid on my shoulder and watched TV as the stylist trimmed away.

My boss rode with me last week and during lunch pointed out in the past year I’ve been through 3 of the 5 most stressful life events: having a baby, moving, and starting a new job. If someone would die and Dustin and I divorced I would have them all covered- :-/ 

Bring on vacation please~!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment