Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm nuts about

coconuts!!! Coconut oil that is. I knew it was a true addiction when I scooped up a tupperware container full to bring with us on vacation. Initially I heard about it from my "pregnancy friends" as I call them. When I was pregnant I happened across an app which is an online community for moms. Several groups of women have different forums including: Trying to Conceive, Fit Pregnancy, Clean Eating, and my personal favorite: Postpartum Fitness. Those woman are both amazing and crazy. This is where the idea of the Paleo diet was first introduced to me (which is still just observational at this point). They've also helped me through some frustrating times in my battle of this baby bulge (more on that later).


Coconut oil was mentioned by said "pregnancy friends" as a super food of sorts. Someone mentioned bulletproof coffee as a way to kick start your metabolism and fat burning for the day and I was super intrigued. I drink coffee every morning anyway... so when I ran across a huge vat of coconut oil at Costco for only $16.99 I had to try it out. 

I've found I actually prefer it on my toast (so NOT paleo) in the morning, and I've also found so many other uses for it. I put it in my hair and let it sit for 30 minutes or so then shower and it feels like I've been to a salon afterwards it's SO soft. It's a great skin moisturizer. Since I typically don't wear bathing suits in the winter my skin was not used to the shaving required and I found myself with horrible razor burn in the most unacceptable area... so I slathered some coconut oil on before bed and it was GONE by morning!

I found this great article on Pinterest titled "333 uses for coconut oil". I'm so excited for my new find!

No comments:

Post a Comment