Sunday, November 4, 2012

Five months


... and full of the dickens! Jonah is literally changing before our eyes. I sure wish he wouldn't be in such a hurry. He recently found the back of his throat, so he does this coughing/laugh thing I haven't been able to catch on video just yet. He's also rolling over! For a while he was stealthy about it, only rolling over when we were out of the room. I would put him to bed then see him on his belly on the monitor... or I would have him laying under his play gym in the nursery while I was getting ready and peek in on him and he would've flopped to his belly and back over again. It won't be long and he will be on the go.
I survived the dismissal of over half of my work team. Last week was one of the hardest and most emotional weeks of my life. My two best girl friends lost their jobs, along with two of the guys I worked with. Out of the three companies that merged ours was the only one to lose teammates. It. was. awful.

I also made a flying trip to Cedar Rapids on Thursday to interview for another position with a sister company to mine for a territory in Iowa. The interview went very well and I'm the only one moving on to the next step- interviewing with the sales director in Chicago this Wednesday. My interview skills are rusty; it's been 3 years since I had to interview for anything. I had so many people calling in recommendations for me the hiring manager was basically sold on me by the time I got there, so it was an extremely laid back interview. Wednesday will be more buttoned up I'm sure. I'm reading the book The Challenger Sale that the manager mentioned during the first interview, and he'll call me early in the week to prep me as well.

I think hubby is feeling better about going back. We'll both miss all the amenities Minneapolis has to offer. Last night I dreamt I was talking to my hair stylist... asking how long I could get away with between haircuts :) Time will tell if we need to worry about all that or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment