I haven't blogged for a while again and to be honest I'm not in the best of blogging mindsets at the moment. I think the toll of all the stresses of our move came crashing down on me today. I *literally* went home mid morning absolutely sobbing- I put Jonah down for a nap and then took one myself. Kickboxing helped my mood a little but I am still in the dumps. I can't bring myself to clean, work on Jonah's birthday party planning or my little workout deal I mentioned in my last post. The thought of my boss riding with me next week and everything I need to do to get ready for that is beyond overwhelming. Blogging it is.
So this past weekend we drove to NW Iowa to have a little party with my dad, my Aunt and brother's family! It was a quick trip but super fun. We had a pizza party and the staff members even sang happy birthday to Jonah... to which he cried :) Then Dustin, Jonah and I headed to Lake Okoboji for some family fun- we strolled around the lake and took it all in. I just love summer in Iowa. After that my cousin Jenni and her husband Kyle met up with us to do Jonah's cake smash photo shoot...! I'm dying to see those photos- she does such an amazing job and he's such an amazing subject. Then we headed back to my brother's for some good food and a movie.
Jonah is ready to walk any day- he can stand unassisted for quite some time and is walking along furniture like a pro. We're never quite sure when he's breaking teeth- the kid is a drooling monster...! He did finally get his top two in and looks so grown up with his toothy smile. He hasn't really picked up any more words, but his little language is amazing to listen to nonetheless. He does this thing when he's tired- it sounds something like: "gong gong gong" but it's really long and drawn out and he says it so loud!
Here are some photos from the weekend- minus the cake smash of course. We will have to be patient for that one ;)
I'm going to have a beer and force myself to look at my work computer for a while. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow. xx
![]() |
| man I wish I would've seen the smudge before I took the picture! |


Aw! I'm getting so excited to get back home and get you your pictures!!!! I miss you Sarah!
ReplyDelete