Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

Holy crap it's May Day already! Today is my brother and sister in law's wedding anniversary; I can't believe it's been nine years since their beautiful day. Time flies.

Tomorrow Jonah will be eleven months old. He's walking along furniture, finally is sprouting his top two teeth, and his personality grows along with the rest of him every day. He is truly a little boy now. He actually weaned himself off of the pacifier about a month ago- if you give it to him he'll just hand it back to you! He's also pretty much over baby food and would rather pick "real people food" off of his high chair tray. He has enjoyed every kind of meat we've given him and LOVES pickles. He is also still obsessed with straws. Every night after my Ferrell's workout he helps me drink my protein shake through a straw :)

His first birthday is literally just around the corner, and the invitations are OUT! I had another great experience with Etsy, using a different company this time. The design cost just $10, and printing was a breeze by using our local Costco- we paid just $14.99 for 50 invites and envelopes...! Perfect! I'm working on the menu and decorations and hoping for perfect weather that day.




I am officially in my fourth week of the "extreme bodyshaping" experience and am happy to report it's going pretty well. I've got the eating down to a science and feel like I'm eating to fuel my body rather than eating to taste the food. I've noticed how different foods make me feel not so great and for sure am aware of when I "cheat". A healthy obsession in the making! I've decided coffee is one of those things I'm not going to give up and throughly enjoy my one (or two) cups in the morning and an occasional afternoon pick-me-up. I am still trying to stay away from all soda. The great thing is when I do break down and have one it certainly doesn't taste as good as it used to. Surprisingly enough staying away from sweets hasn't been hard at all. It helps to have one day a week declared a "cheat day" so I can have that ice cream or cupcake that I've been craving.

I can feel myself improving in class as my fitness level rises, and am starting to feel more comfortable in my skin, although the stupid scale hasn't moved much. We went to Minneapolis last weekend and I was able to hit up a pilates class with my friend Robyn (she is an instructor at Lifetime and her studio is amazing!) Sunday rather than taking the day off I attended a free class offered at the local Lululemon and was bitten by a fitness industry bug.

I'm not going to go into details, but I've started a little venture and am working on establishing my own business here in Cedar Rapids...!  I'm the kind of excited that you wake up in the middle of the night happy to be awake so you can daydream about it :) I'm not planning to quit my job or anything, but am interested in helping others reach their goals without beating the crap out of their bodies OR minds. Right now my goal is to open my doors on September 11. Do you think that's a bad idea? I thought it would be kinda nice to honor our lady America that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment